We are excited to launch our recently redesigned website! We spent the last several months reviewing websites of libraries, companies, and individuals to see what makes them work, or not. We compared website features, discussed color schemes, fonts, and logos, updated and reorganized our content, and finally agreed on a redesigned look for www.dglibrary.org. You’re looking at it!
Are you having issues viewing our site? Please be sure your browser is up to date. Windows XP users will have the best results viewing our website using Google Chrome.
Here are a few of our favorite features:
- Responsive web design - Using this recent technology, www.dglibrary.org is now easier to access on whatever device you’re using, whether it’s a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Though it looks slightly different on each display size, the content is readable and usable on all.
- Staff blogs – We want to tell you about what we’re reading and the technology we’re using, and now we have a way to do so. Sort entries by subject, age group, or even staff member to find recommendations you are especially interested in.
- Book Genie – Our “what you should read next” quiz got a makeover, complete with lots of images and a new mascot. Take the quiz by selecting genres that interest you. You’ll receive recommendations the whole way through! If you want even more suggestions, just let us know. We love doing more in-depth readers advisory meetings, too.
- Contact us – There are many ways to get a hold of us and we list them all for you. Take your pick on the method you prefer: email, chat by instant message, phone, our weekly eNewsletter, one-on-one appointments, in-person visits, and several social media outlets. Just like the catalog search box, the contact link follows you throughout the website and can be found at the bottom of each page. Use it sometime to say hello.
- A really big search box! – Most of our website visitors are looking for a specific item in the collection. We wanted to make sure you could easily find, and search, as soon as you get to our homepage. From this “really big search box” you can choose to search the online catalog, the entire DGPL website, or one of our two eBook providers, eMediaLibrary and 3M Cloud Library. You can also check the catalog from the smaller search box that follows you to other pages within the website.
Want a one-on-one tutorial of these features? Stop by the Computer Help Desk on the second floor anytime, or schedule an appointment through our Book a Tech service. Help us continue to improve our website by completing the form below. Come back soon!
Public Relations Manager
(630) 960-1200 ext. 258