Adult and Teen Services Librarian - Part-time
Are you passionate about providing excellent service to the community? Are you enthusiastic about being a part of a friendly and collaborative staff? Do you enjoy community outreach? If so, come join our team.
The Downers Grove Public Library is seeking an Adult & Teen Services Librarian for our busy, customer-focused library. We are looking for candidates who:
- Excel at great customer service
- Provide expert reference and readers’ advisory service to adults and teens
- Are knowledgeable about adult and teen literature
- Embrace advances in technology
- Communicate well with customers and staff
- Are adept at downloading digital materials
- Possess great organizational skills and are able to work independently
This 26 hour per week position requires an ALA-accredited MLS. The schedule includes daytime, evening, and weekend work. The starting salary for the position is $23.59 per hour, and benefits include IMRF, vacation time, and sick leave. Email resume and cover letter by Friday, February 3 to Nicole Wilhelms, Adult and Teen Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
The library accepts completed job applications at any time. Download the PDF by right clicking the link and selecting save as. Email the completed form to email@example.com in the Administration Office. Applications will be kept on file for six months.